Congratulations to Laveen School for being recognized as a School of Distinction by the Association for Middle Level Education.
AMLE Schools of Distinction is both a recognition and continuous improvement program. Schools are celebrated for their commitment to the middle grades best practices while also being guided through a process of self-assessment and strategic vision setting to help foster ongoing growth and success. The program aims to:
- Recognize and celebrate schools that are committed to implementing the essential attributes and characteristics of successful middle grades schools.
- Provide ALL schools that support young adolescents with the resources to support their continuous improvement journeys.
- Create a network of schools that can learn from and support each other.
- Highlight for our communities the exceptional work that takes place every day in middle level education.
In addition to Dr. Robert Caplinger and Reed Brotherton, the following teachers were instrumental in Laveen receiving this award:
- Logan Wasie, 6th Grade
- Alicia Wright-Harp, 7th Grade
- Adrian Ruiz, 8th Grade
- Andrea Smith, Art (Specials)
- Leah Hall, Special Education
- Laura Erke, Instructional Coach